Wednesday, January 19, 2011
How books impact my testimony.
Many books have impacted my life. The Robe was read in high school and strengthened my fledgling testimony. When I lived in San Clemente as a new bride, I decided to read the Book of Mormon beginning to end. I didn't even have to pray to know that it was true, even though I didn't understand Isaiah, the book reached my soul. When I was pregnant with Natalie, I read the story of Mary and Joseph (Two from Galilee) and I felt a real connection to Mary. I loved my precious new babies even more after reading about the baby Jesus. I read a book about one of the soldiers that was a brother to a Christian at the time of Christ and their dilemmas and loved my heritage. Last year I read The Help about the problems dealing with civil rights and appreciate my home and life and my religion that values all people. Last summer I read the Hunger Games series and grew to love America and my freedoms even more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment