Today we had Josh Robertson's homecoming at church. Deanie and Glenn bore their testimonies. Deanie mentioned that it is a bold statement to declare that Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ came to the boy, Joseph; that the Book of Mormon is true; that we have a living prophet that is just as much a prophet as Moses or others from the Bible; and that our church is the only completely true church on earth. When she said these things the Spirit was SO strong! Tears show that the Holy Ghost is bearing witness that the message is true. Many emotional thoughts were shared today and our testimonies were strengthened.
Jenny Phillips sang a song this morning on TV that she was inspired to write after Elder Uchdorf's talk for Young Women. The message is that "Happily Ever After" can really happen but we have to follow the Lord's plan. Once upon a time is NOW. I've been wondering how I can "boldly" declare these things to my children, and if I did, would they hear or tune me out. I have to be cautious what I say, because I still want them to know I love them without being judgmental.
I know that happiness comes from serving, from loving, from doing what is right. I want my children to be happy. I'm so grateful for my testimony.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment