Monday, April 16, 2012
Shingles and their left-over symptoms.
It's been over a year since Dennis came down with shingles across his ribs and back on ?left? side. It was a REALLY miserable week, a mostly miserable second week, with a terrible rest of the month. The skin stayed very tender long after the sores healed. Still, a year later, he prefers to slip out of his shirt while at home. But interestingly, the outside nerves weren't the only things affected. He has had nervous anxiety this year as I have never seen. Dennis has always been confident and self-assured. Not any more. He puts on a good show but inside, he struggles. He has dreams of having nervous breakdowns. If there are stressful times - like NBEA - he'd really like me to be with him. I love being with him, but I worry about what the stress does to him. Isn't marriage a wonderful organization, created that we can help each other through hard times? How nice it is to have someone there when you need them. He's certainly been there for me when I've been down or had tough things happen. It's nice to be able to reciprocate in a small way. Time is magic in many ways. It will be interesting to compare notes in a year and see how things change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment