Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Talents

I gave the Relief Society sisters a challenge to write their 10 favorite talents and 10 they want to improve this year. Here is my list:
Hmmm...
1. I like kids.
2. I like my "special" kids.
3. I love the ladies I work with and learn so much from them.
4. I'm a good collector - Dennis will agree.
5. I love crafts.
6. I love art.
7. I love dancing (and wish I'd kept my body in shape, but plan to dance again).
8. I love music and love to sing. (Should that be two?)
9. I love spending time holding Dennis' hand.(Is that a talent?)
10. I love playing games, even though I'm not good at them - hey, it makes them feel good when they win, right?

And things I want to improve:
1. Painting
2. Piano
3. Exercising
4. FHE - that's a talent, right?
5. Seeing the needs of my students and children and addressing each of their deficits.
6. Seeing the strengths of my students and my children and helping them see their strong points.
7. Being a better reading/comprehension teacher.
8. Teaching to the UAAs and testing them continuously through the school year.
9. Staying organized with IEPs and paperwork.
10. Teaching patriotism to my students.
11. Self control with food/exercise/weight control.
12. More kind words and service to friends & neighbors.
13. Creative meals.
14. Consistency in house keeping.
15. Care packages, cards, notes, and letters to my children on a regular basis.
16. Making soap
17. Flossing - I'm sure that's a talent.
18. Being fun - I'm not sure if a person can learn this...
19. Being a good conversationalist.
20. Seeing the wonders in nature every day.

That's enough for now. There is SO much to improve upon. Big sigh. It can be done though. You eat an elephant one bite at a time.

No comments: