Monday, December 27, 2010

Michael's ear


A week ago, Friday night, Michael had been skateboarding with some buddies in a garage out by Bottle Hollow. He fell and ripped his ear off. Crazy. Den drove through the night and a terrible storm to get him to a plastic surgeon who did an amazing job of re-attaching it. It is still swollen and dark, but perfectly shaped. The bowl had been broken into three pieces and the skin in back where he had to work had been "ripped/mashed". The only place it was still attached was in front of the ear lobe. Lessons are learned in the most interesting ways. One man said Mike will probably "hear" us better now. I love that boy. I count our blessings that his hearing is okay. That no one else was hurt. That he will be fine. It could have been worse but he was protected. I am thankful for guardian angels and a loving Heavenly Father.

No comments: