Yesterday, Grandma Grace was buried. She died last Monday night (Sept. 15) without a struggle. Her breathing slowed then stopped. She had another stroke the weekend of Aug. 30 and pretty much quit swallowing. I fed her a fair supper on Thursday the fourth and that was the last she really ate. She had a few bites of yogurt or a few swallows of juice or water periodically after. It was time for her body to shut down.
She was a wonderful, beautiful woman. She was such a lady through and through. Even though she didn't know anyone but dad, she always had a forehead touch and a pat on their face for whomever would hug her. She was often too tired to eat, but would willingly take bites then squirrel it in her mouth. I'd go to give her another bite after about 5 minutes and she'd still have a mouthful. She always tried to be cooperative with me and her nurses. I hope that I can be as dignified as she was.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment